In 2015/16 Aycliffe Community Primary School decided to use the Sports Premium Funding of £8,515 to enhance sport provision in the school in the following ways:
• All classes work with a sports coach throughout the the year, who is delivering the PE curriculum in collaboration with the class teachers
• After-school provision has been widened at a reduced cost (75% reduction of the cost of clubs) providing a sports club every day after school. For example the school offers clubs in Athletics, Gymnastics, Football, Take Action, Street Dance, Fencing and Tag Rugby during the school year
• The school is providing swimming coaching in Term 1 and Term 6 of each school year
The combined impact of these activities enhanced competitive sport, developed teachers knowledge and increased pupil access to sports.
In 2016/17 the school will receive Sports Premium Funding of £8,600 to enhance sport provision.
After reflecting on the previous academic year the school has decided to work in partnership with Gillingham Football Club and employ two Sports Teaching Assistants. The Sports Teaching Assistants receive training from Gillingham Football Club and the school and facilitate sporting activities at lunchtime, during Physical Education lessons and school clubs. The Sports Teaching Assistants add additional sporting capacity to the school and a partnership which will ensure our improvements are sustainable in the future. Part of the Sports Premium Funding is allocated to the funding of the Sport Teaching Assistants.
The school provides dance lessons for one term a year from the Deal Academy of Performing Arts. In 2016/17 the programme will be:
- Term 1- Year 3
- Term 2- Reception
- Term 3- Year 4 and 5
- Term 4- Year 2
- Term 5- Year 1
- Term 6- Year 6
The school continues to offer:
• After-school provision at a reduced cost (75% reduction of the cost of clubs) providing a sports club every day after school. For example the school offers clubs in Athletics, Gymnastics, Football, Take Action, Street Dance and Tag Rugby during the school year
• Swimming coaching in Term 1 and Term 6 of each school year