I am sorry to have to write to you on this subject but, unfortunately, I have to remind everyone of our expectations of conduct while they are on the school grounds.
To help maintain our high expectations of behaviour, the wider community has a role to play in this so that our pupils see and hear good conduct from all the staff and the wider school community. The Code of Conduct for everyone on the school site is as follows:
- We will not accept verbal and/or physical abuse or threatening behaviour.
- We ask that all staff, families and visitors exercise patience, use respectful language and show tolerance and courtesy at all times.
- Sending abusive or threatening e-mails or voicemail/phone messages or other written communications to anyone within the school community will not be tolerated.
- At Aycliffe Community Primary School we promote respect between all adults and children working within the school. As part of this, we operate a zero-tolerance policy towards negative/inappropriate visitor behaviour.
- Adults are expected to be appropriately dressed, e.g. in hot weather tops should be worn.
- Visitors are not to smoke on school premises
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are to be brought onto the premises.
- Dogs are not permitted on the school premises (other than guide dogs).
- All persons must follow health and safety regulations at all times to ensure the safety of themselves, volunteers and visitors.
- The school is an equal opportunity organisation and we will not tolerate any discrimination towards any person at this school.
If you have any concerns about your child, please make an appointment to see either myself, Mrs Jacky Cox, or our Family Liaison Officer (Mrs Carol Manton). It is often better to address issues sooner rather than later, and most issues can be resolved quickly.
Thank you for your continued support.
Head of School